Rather than jump to the many things that have been lingering on my to-do list, I have collapsed into a chair to stare numbly at the wall.
I was warned about the sleep deprivation, and the long days, but no one really warned me about the toll my baby would take on my already malfunctioning brain. I have never felt more like the scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz.
Motherhood is the best.
I've decided to compile a list of things I enjoy about parenthood thus far:
1. I like my baby. He's cute and makes little grunting noises that sound like a baby bear.
2. So many kind visitors who bring me tea and cheer.
3. A break from the ol' 9-5 After working for 8 plus years at the same place, it was time to shake it up a bit.
4. Seeing my husband hold and talk to his child as though they've been friends for years.
5. Not being pregnant anymore.
I anticipate being able to add to this list, especially when I am able to get slightly more sleep.