Sunday, January 16, 2011

Best Workout Songs

The other day CBC Radio 2 asked listeners what their favourite music is to work out to. I have been attempting as of late to go to the gym and get into some sort of shape, so this has been a perplexing question for me. What music do I best jiggle and jump to?

Here is a list of some of my recent top fav's to pound the ground to:

1. Dog days are over - Florence and the Machine

2. Wolf Like Me - TV on the Radio

3. You Make my Dreams Come True - Hall + Oates

4. Float On - Modest Mouse

5. Arc of Time - Bright Eyes

6. Gimme Sympathy - Metric

7. King of Spain - The Tallest Man on Earth

8. 1901 - Phoenix

9. Sprawl II - Arcade Fire

10. This Thing About You - Miracle Fortress

Honourable Mentions:
The Rural Alberta Advantage, Black Eyed Peas, Anberlin, and Pink.

Cyber friends, any music that you love to groove and move to? I would love to add some new tunes to the ol' ipod! Please share!

4 comments:

matt said...

"Jiggle and jump" to? Hmm, is this that new 'strippercise' they keep talking about these days? If so, I can't think of many better songs than "What a feeling" by Irene Cara.

Keep it up, though! Our physical condition affects the rest of us, for sure.

Jennie said...

bahahaha! i just watched the youtube official video. So sad how music videos have changed...they had such style and finesse in the 80's...90's? pre-2000's anyway.

Black Rabbit said...

These two songs are what I will leave with you (hope you like :)

-I Hate Everyone - Get Set Go
-The Boy Least Likely To - Be Gentle With

Foureyedlegend said...

I agree with number 1, 3, 4 and 8.
I also like to run to cosmic love by Florence - makes me feel like im on some great mission haha! whatever gets me there.
Also i would recommend 'derezzed' by daft punk, great little number.
Good list!