Thursday, March 22, 2007

Spring!

It is Thursday evening, and I am nearing the end of my busy week, with another two on the way. I feel like I am running around constantly, and I don't even have time to do anything, like clean my room, or bathe, or do laundry!! Wow, I must be really unhygenic right now.

The other day, I was listening to my friend Larisa play a song she had written, and I felt feelings of love and joy and happiness and delight and hope. I realised how little I actually feel excited and happy and HOPEFUL in my life. I went to the Play last night (for those who don't know, it was the story of Helen Keller), and what I came away with was a satisfying, rather gentle impression of hope. There is so much darkness and disquieting things everywhere, and it can become rather oppressive. All this to say, I think GOd wants me to take greater delight and joy in this place he has put me.

And it is almost spring. Alexandera spotted Geese flying NORTH (there were some who were going South, but we determined that they were merely lost or tired, and not actually re-fleeing the cold). That makes me cheerful indeed!! I must sing and dance and twirl! However, I must study for an exam before I will allow myself to party to such an extent. I will give myself the liberty, however, of thinking nice thoughts while I sit and read about adolescents. I am rather thankful that I am no longer one myself, so I suppose that is my first nice thought. May you (faithful readers!) be blessed in all you do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey jennie! I'm such a jerk! never having written till now! but i intend to rectify this. starting now.
we should go for a walk tomorrow! spring is so beautiful right now!

Jennie said...

Allie I just got your comment now (April 23) and there is no possibility of going for a walk. However, my heart is with you. I hope you had a good trip to Chicago/California depending on when you read this. I will write more on my blog so I can get more comments from you!! I love comments!