Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I realize that Christmas day is past, and we have now moved into "Boxing Week", a celebration of collective consumerism; however, I would like to share holiday greetings with my cyber friends. I hope that you were able to experience a little warmth and cheer this Christmas season.

I am heartily enjoying my holiday with my family in Kamloops...curling up by the faux fireplace, going for walks in +9 weather, drinking my dad's lattes...

In preparation for the new year, I have a couple of confessions I need to express:

1. My dad and I went to the Apple store on Christmas Eve and now I am dreaming at night about the macbook air...Such a slender frame with a lovely glossy screen. And the weight! A mere 2.7 pounds! I need the macbook to help me round out my image as an artsy, indie nerd. I got the dark framed glasses and the awkward, quiet persona...so I'm almost there!

2. I created a profile on EHarmony. What began as a silly joke has turned into a passionate pursuit for my one true love. Seriously.

3. My parents usually go to bed at approximately 8pm, hence I am left alone in the evenings with my book, the remote control, and a box of chocolates. Last night I watched Sarah Palin's Alaskan Adventures on TV whilst eating coconut ferrero rochers. Anyway, it's a pretty great show. Action, family dynamics, and kids with really strange names.

4. The week before I flew home I went to the gym 4 times. This phenomenon is mostly due to the encouragement of my friend Angie who used to be a personal trainer. She says nice things to me, like "Go Jennie! Pump that iron". However, I'm pretty sure I reversed any muscular progress in a mere 24 hours.

In all seriousness, I wish you a mug of relaxation, with a dollop of adventure and a sprinkling of new perspective.

Above all, may you experience the awareness that you are loved this holiday season.

4 comments:

Ray-Ann said...

you won't regret the mac....Chapters has far more books on macs than windows, just saying..
i wondered where all the coconut ones went
and it is NOT 8pm.... 8:30 is more like it!

matt said...

Did you put on EHarmony that you were pumping iron? You should include that on there. Just sayin'.

Thanks for the mug o' relaxation!

Anonymous said...

Hey I was thinking about you the other day. If you want to grab a latte I would love to catch up. Kris and I also watched that Sarah Palin's Alaska the other day- not bad. I didn't hit the gym- yet.

cheers

erik

Jennie said...

Thanks for the tip, Matt. I'm sure it will make a "huge" difference. ha ha.

Erik, a latte sounds great!