Thursday, May 04, 2006

Confidence in God!

One of my favourite authors, Samuel Johnson, said "Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings." In order to achieve great things, I need to have confidence not only in my own talents and abilities, but also in the amazing fact that God loves me and has a purpose for my life. I have been struggling with thoughts that I am an insufficient person for fulfilling the tasks that are ahead of me. I have a job interview on Tuesday and I am praying that God will give me confidence in order that I may dazzle my potential employers with my amazing secretarial talents. I'm sure that if my sister who strongly dislikes talking on the phone can do it as a large part of her job everday, I can manage to assure people of how much I enjoy sitting at a desk and typing memos. In Proverbs 3:26 it says, "for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared." Hallelujah! It is so cool that God is my confidence, and I can rely on him to keep me from falling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man jennie i know how you feel i need confidence to convince the park ranger people that i can clean bathrooms and scare off black bears and love it! i appreciate what you say about getting confidence from God...i'm not very good at that. but it was inspiring. plus i love the tile of your blog it's so poetical.