Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Dentist


I went to the dentist yesterday, and I felt very humbled. Yes, I think that is the right word. I felt poked and probed and chastined to the point when I wanted to jump up and yell, "What do you want from me?!" Of course I know that it is not the poor dentist's fault that I have weak molars and a receding gum line, but must it be mine? Anyway, I got a new toothbrush and it is purple, so I felt somewhat mollified in the end. I have a new dentist, as my other one finally decided to retire (Praise the Lord!). The new dentist has these really intense blue eyes, and as I was sitting in the chair staring into his eyes, I could just feel him looking right through me which, I must admit, was a rather uncomfortable experience. The things you experience at the dentist!

No comments: