Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mistakes we knew we were making

I recognize that I am technically wholly immersed in "crunch time", and should really be spending my time writing papers, as opposed to writing on my blog. I have no excuse.

Today we (well, Katie really), got a lil' doggie. She is very sweet and loving. You can read about our grand experiences here.

I am homesick. Or merely experiencing lingering pangs of indigestion. In either case, I wouldn't mind going home for a little trip. It doesn't look like this will happen until August, however.

Also, I simply must express my new found love regarding this lady's poetry. Although today was certainly not a sunny day, this poem reminds me of days to come hopefully soon!


Why I Wake Early by Mary Oliver

Hello, sun in my face.
Hello, you who made the morning
and spread it over the fields
and into the faces of the tulips
and the nodding morning glories,
and into the windows of, even, the
miserable and the crotchety –
best preacher that ever was,
dear star, that just happens
to be where you are in the universe
to keep us from ever-darkness,
to ease us with warm touching,
to hold us in the great hands of light –
good morning, good morning, good morning.
Watch, now, how I start the day
in happiness, in kindness.


May your days be filled with happiness and kindness despite miserable occurrences that generally tend to occur in this life thing.

3 comments:

Larisa Kardash said...

I LOVE love love this Piano solo you have on your playlist Jennie! It's beautiful! Just like you. Haha...sooo cheesy. :)

I think if we left tomorrow, we could get to your house pretty speedily and visit and get back in time for you to write your 50 billion pages of papers and get to practicum..what do you think? You up for it?!? An adventure is just around the corner...if only we had speedy muscley legs we could probably do it. I'm sorry you are homesick...huge hug for you

gavin said...

I'm glad to have found your online presence.... And I'm feeling even more glad about reading that poem. Cheers.

Jennie said...

Thanks Gavin! I appreciate your kind words. I am happy to be found as an online presence.