Sunday, March 08, 2009

Here is a bit of happiness in my life.

1. I am doing my summer practicum at Misericordia Health Center which is a convenient two minute walk from my home. I am excited. I will be able to assist and accommodate elderly people in a social workey way. I'm still not exactly sure what I will be doing, but I know I have to be dressed up to do it.

2. I was able to attend the beautiful wedding of a friend from Prov this weekend. There were tears from my eyes throughout the ceremony. I'm not sure what prompted this emotional trickle, but I think the overwhelming combination of beautiful music and beautiful people, and the ridiculously excited facial features of the groom had something to do with it. Congratulations Steph and Jamie!

3. I was also able to attend Janna's birthday this weekend which included eating Indian food that was just great, and pumpkin cheesecake that was also just great. I cannot say enough good things about the food, so I figured I would not try. The people were pretty great too. Happy Birthday Janna!

4. There are only 6 more weeks of school left! Enough said.

5. Today is daylight savings time, which means the loss of a beautiful hour of sleep, but which also represents the gaining of a beautiful hour of daylight. Which means that spring is coming!

6. My room is warm (Sorry Katie).

7. I have purchased a new journal and pen, for all my journaling needs. This makes me happy.

8. I really enjoy Wolsely as a neighbourhood.

9. I am listening to piano and violins.

10. I am thankful that love can take so many different forms, and doesn't have to merely consist of romantic affection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennie! Congratulations on your summer practicum. That sounds like fun. I would love to work with elderly someday. I'm sure you'll be a blessing to them!