Thursday, July 09, 2009

My own pretend folk fest

This weekend is the big deal Winnipeg Folk Fest...and I am unable to go for a myriad of silly reasons that really should have no significance in light of such a momentous occasion.

Here are the bands that I especially would have liked to see:

Great Lake Swimmers
Iron and Wine
Hey Rosetta!
Josh Ritter
Patrick Watson
Punch Brothers featuring Chris Thile
Joe Pug
Dala
Okkervil River
Amelia Curran
Mirah
Oh, and Fred Penner for old times sake.

I am writing my lovely research paper and listening to some tunes on my laptop, and pretending that folk fest is actually occurring in my bedroom.

It's rockin' tonight, baby!!

Check out the playlist to your right, and join me on this lil' adventure if you are also unable to attend folk fest.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

woops. i forgot xavier rudd. my bad.