Saturday, July 18, 2009

Yes. I am writing another paper.

For those of you who may notice, or care, or wonder...

...I know my playlist is just a little out of control. With well over 100 songs, I constantly add new music and move it around. Constantly. I find it very difficult to delete songs that have been on there for a very long time. Each one has such a special place in my heart. You know, like that shirt with the soft material that you save to wear for special days, and can't bear to take to the Thrift store even though it has a stain from that day you spilled coffee on yourself.

The presence of the playlist probably presents more annoyance than delight to most readers of this blog, as you race to press the stop button before the music begins to play. And for that I apologize.

However, I must admit that I absolutely adore finding new music and I delight in the potentiality of sharing it with an audience who may, maybe, might find a note or lyric of significance. I am not under any false pretenses that my adoring public probably thinks my folk/rock/pop/instrumental/etc taste in music quite ridiculous. Being the only person in this 7 person house who is not a fan of country music, I realize that everyone has a unique perception of musical genius. My roommates have great ambitions to force me to embrace the wonders of that twangy noise. I am trying to have an open mind.

Although I appreciate music from all different locations on this earth, I am currently enjoying several Canadian artists. My particular recent favorites are Stars, Hey Ocean, Patrick Watson, Aidan Knight, and Sierra Noble. Kudos to Patrick Watson who just won some cool award for his tunes.

May you find your own delight in experiencing those artistic creations that serve to bring greater depth and meaning to this life.

1 comment:

Ray-Ann said...

I have your wonderful playlist on right now as a matter of fact and I am baking Blackberry Cobbler #2 taken from Pioneer Woman's webstite. Dad and I went picking huckleberries today. Where are all my kids when I need help? How many years did you get huckleberries on your birthday cake? Love you, honey, come home...