Monday, January 25, 2010

Stuck

A high wind velocity and blowing snow seems to have blocked my efforts to get back to Winnipeg after my Otterburne spent weekend, and so I am spending an unforseen snow day on the Providence campus. How exciting. I am currently in the collegium, the place where the cool commuter students hang (except no one is hanging, cause classes are canceled). Sasha made me some wicked coffee and gave me candy, and so life is good...and Jennie is hyper.

Too hyper to sit and concentrate on homework assignments of course.

There are board games and duplo in the commtuer lounge. And big comfy chairs, and pictures of retro sunsets on the walls. Why did I not spend more time here before?

If it was up to me I would most likely be a country dweller. Quiet walks in nature, with the wind tossing my body back and forth across the highway as if I were a rag doll. Ahh, peace is truly found in the middle of nowhere.

No comments: