Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Today after I got home from practicum, I sat down on our cushy couch with my hot chocolate, opened my email, and found a picture of a poorly neglected plant that has sat on my bookshelf in my BC home for about 6 years. 5 of those years I have not been home to water it, so when I come home for Christmas or in the summer, I give it a little water. I never expected this plant to flower. Or thrive. Or live for that matter.

But, little did I know that despite my neglectful ways, this plant has managed to bloom beautifully. There is an applicable lesson in here somewhere. I'm sure of it.

Here is my lil' Christmas Cactus, all grown up and pretty.













I see THREE blooms. A miracle.

Sigh.

May we be like the Christmas Cactus and bloom despite the exhaustion, and fear, and pain, and insecurities.

There. A lesson.

2 comments:

Janna said...

A good lesson. I think it is a realistic hope :)

Sasha said...

I love you Jennie.