Monday, September 07, 2009

Deliberating

Today is Labour Day. Ironically it is a day of rest before the work begins. I am taking a breath.

A deep breath.

A breath of life, laughter, and rest.

I am breathing the scent of cut grass, and ripening tomatoes, and beeswax candles.

I am aware of the year of work that I am about to embark upon. And today, I can state with a positive, trembling voice that it is going to be ok.

I hope.

May you who are also heading back to school or embarking upon new adventures this week feel the peace that surpasses all understanding and enjoy this day for what it is.

5 comments:

Ray-Ann said...

I couldn't leave my comment on your Me Blog...so I'll sneak it in here. I like how you think and I like who you are inside and out. Thanks for sharing yourself through your blogging. You bless me.

Jennie said...

I am blessed to have such a wonderful, loving mother who actually wants to read what I think. It is pretty much the best thing in the world.

You're great too, dad.

Steph said...

thanks jennie!

Steph said...

thanks jennie!

matt said...

Enjoy some good tea. If you like chai, you should come over here, as that's mostly all we have. Delicious. Be well, my friend:)