Monday, May 12, 2008

It is late, and I should be in bed sleeping, or thinking about sleeping...but I don't feel like it. I woke up this morning to the smell of pancakes and voices in the kitchen, and sleepily made my way downstairs to find that, yes, my mom and dad were making breakfast together, on Mother's Day! As you may guess, I was feeling exceedingly guilty that I had not woken up early to make breakfast for my dearest mother. In fact, due to a shortage in funds, and a mental block of creativity, I did not give my mother any gifts of any kind. Shameful. I feel bad.

It is rainy here...in BC. I like the rain. I wish it rained more in Winnipeg, but seeing as I live there mostly during the very long winter season, the less cold weather the better. I walked outside in between rain showers this afternoon, and it smelled amazing!! The grass and the dirt and the fungus! Wow! No more smell of pig farms and other smells consistent with dorm living (aka Asian cooking, smelly shoes, very old dorm smell, etc.).

Now I am getting sleepy...

No comments: